As of my knowledge cutoff date of September 2021, here are some of the most profitable companies in Ghana:
- MTN Ghana – MTN Ghana is the largest mobile telecommunications company in Ghana, with over 23 million subscribers. It reported a profit of GHS 1.4 billion in 2020.
- Ghana Commercial Bank – Ghana Commercial Bank is the largest commercial bank in Ghana. It reported a profit of GHS 454 million in 2020.
- Ecobank Ghana – Ecobank Ghana is a subsidiary of the pan-African banking group Ecobank. It reported a profit of GHS 375 million in 2020.
- Standard Chartered Bank Ghana – Standard Chartered Bank Ghana is a subsidiary of the UK-based banking group Standard Chartered. It reported a profit of GHS 332 million in 2020.
- GOIL Company Limited – GOIL Company Limited is the largest oil marketing company in Ghana. It reported a profit of GHS 85 million in 2020.
It’s worth noting that this information may have changed since my cutoff date and there may be other profitable companies in Ghana that have emerged since then.